Tuesday 21 September 2010

Styling Advice for Transitioners, Newly Naturals and Naturals


Hey everyone

I decided to record a short video today about styling.  This is because I was speaking with a friend of mine last night about feeling feminine whilst going natural.  This is a number one fear that a lot of women face when making that bold decision to go natural as I know that I certainly feared looking like a boy if I were to do the big chop!  In order for me to change my perception of beauty I started to save lots of pictures of beautiful women with short hair like Amber Rose and Solange who both looked absolutely stunning without hair and these images totally boosted my condfidence about doing my big chop and being confident with it. 




 Something else that I did was look at beautiful women with long hair to inspire and encourage me about my hair goals and where I wanted to go in my hair journey!  I looked at images of Goapele, Alicia Keys and even Beyonce when she had afro hair.  These pictures helped to reprogramme my minds perception of beauty and I’d encourage you to do the same. 




Going natural is your time to be creative and have fun with your new looks.  The transition and TWA (tiny winy afro) period will be over before you know it so just enjoy it, take loads of pictures so that you can look back and see just how far you’ve come in a short space of time because believe me, time flies by!!!







Be Inspired!!!
Much Love
Levina
xxx

1 comment:

  1. At present I was so tired, and now this time I have got some relax by watching this funny YouTube video, thanks, keep it up.

    ----------------------------
    Få tjockare hår

    ReplyDelete