Thursday 2 September 2010

How to Wrap a Head Scarf and Why I Wear Them!




Hey everyone


Whilst I'm on a role I thought that I'd write something about the head scarves that I've been wearing for the past couple of months.

 

I made the decision to wear head scarf’s when I decided that I could not style my new twa (tiny winy afro)! This was almost like hibernation for me, hiding my hair away until it was long enough to do something with it. Although my hair isn't as long as I would like at this point, it most definitely is getting there I notice every time I wash it! My hair is growing back so fast and whilst I am still in the process of learning how to style my hair, wearing head scarf’s are great!

I am often mistaken for a Muslim. I am not I am a Christian. However I do appreciate the beauty of Muslim women and I like the way they look when wearing a hijab. Some Christians also wear head coverings/veils as well that resemble the hijab. I was actually inspired by a picture I found of black women who embrace black Islam. At the time I did not realise that I was looking at Muslim Women but I thought that these women were very stunning and I made an inspired look video that you can view here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XqVzXalRUs

If you manage to view the link in the video and see the actual picture that I was inspired by, then feel free to comment below as to how to do it properly!!! :)




As we are experiencing more hot days in London, it is becoming more and more uncomfortable to wear my scarf as it's so hot! I definitely recommend wearing one though when it's cold (protecting your hair from the elements!) and when you’re having a bad hair day, or simply because you like wearing them (I enjoyed wearing them for the most part).
As winter approaches, I'll definitely be wearing more and more head scarves as I prefer them to hats!

I hope that you find these tutorials useful



Much love and God Bless



Levina xxx

Keep in touch!


www.twitter.com/lionessmane


www.facebook.com/lionessmane


For more of my videos: www.youtube.com/leilei08

No comments:

Post a Comment